3.26.2011

Some recent work.



Jacqui - 032611

Jacqui - 032611
I've recently been working with two photographer/models from the college I am talking courses from.  Jacqui and Griffin are two amazing artists/photographers/models.  Both have done a lot of great work in front of and behind the camera, as well as in other media.  G and J are close friends, I would even say artistic soul mates.  Griffin and Jacqui are fine art figure models as well as conceptual models.  For these sessions, I wanted to build my conceptual theme I am create a portfolio on. 


Jacqui - 032611
A few weeks ago, Jacqui and I headed out to the windmill farms near Collinsville, CA.  We took my old pickup as a prop and went shooting.  It was a cool, sunny day.  The hills were lush and green,which didn't matter much since I was going to convert our work into black and white.  We got some great gold out of our work. 
Jacqui - 032611

 
Griffin - 032611
The Sunday after working with Jacqui, I worked with Griffin.  We shot around the college campus.  It was pouring rain, so lighting was both a blessing and a challenge.  The heavy cloud cover gave a beautiful even light, the rain made it hard to set up auxiliary lighting.   As you can see, we got great gold as well.
Griffin - 032611



Griffin has a Model Mayhem site for his modeling and a great website of his own, Griffinly.com.  Jacqui is building a website and I will put a link to it as soon as it is published.  You can see some of their collaborative work at Griffin's website.  Check out their work in the Vacaville and the Injected Sculpture and the Guerrilla Nudes series.

Griffin - 032611
Thanks to both models.  They delivered in ways beyond I could have wished or planned.  They were magic.

You will see more about them in future posts.    You can click on any of the photos for a larger view.

Griffin - 032611



1 comment:

  1. B/w has its charm, but that anchor photo has masterful color! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

So,what are you thinking about?