11.08.2012

Where have you been?

Tiana - 110912

I've been a busy boy/photographer.  I wont bore you by regaling you with all the arduous details.  The big thing is that I have my photos up in two galleries and a local coffee shop.  They are three very different series out there, so I am proud to have so many different pieces out there.
ECHO Gallery - Calistoga, Ca

I am excited that I am getting my stuff out there.  It feels good that others are seeing them.  While they are my tamer photos, some still have an edge to them.   I need to find venues for sharing my nude/erotic work. 

In other news, I got a new Epson 3880 printer.  There is something rich about holding a physical print rather than just seeing its pixel sibling.

None of this post is too deep or profound.  I need to get into some meaty topics in the near future.  I also hope to have my "I Objectify Women..." series completed in the next month and will have to share some of it here.  There is also the election to write about.  Oh  yeah, erotica, sex, sensuality, and carnal mayhem are always fun too.

 
Java Jax - Vallejo, CA
Java Jax - Vallejo, CA


Photo note - Tiana was a great model.  I hope to work wither her again in the new year.

I love the energy of this song.


7 comments:

  1. "All I have is a photograph..." How appropriate for this post, and Ringo rocks it with Eric Clapton. Long live Ringo Starr!

    Congratulations on the trilogy of shows! I missed you online, but applaud your real-life work. After all, we must live in the real world first and foremost. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla - Thanks for the warm thoughts. I've always loved this song.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting your art on the walls of the three venues and the new printer. It is strange now in this digital world that some people never see their images printed. I feel that they are missing a big part of photography.

    There is no need to have every post to be deep and profound. Sometimes it's good to experience other facets of a bloggers life. It's how the reader gets to know a little of what's behind the thought provoking posts.

    Besides, Tiana on the pickup tailgate look pretty profound to me. 8-) I hope that there was a cooler with a few cold beers like the line in the song Somethin Bout A Truck.

    D.L. Wood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for comment. I agree that seeing the physical proof the photo in paper form is closing the circle of artistic creation. It is a fulfillment of the craft.

      Thanks also for noticing Tiana. She gave a perfect retro 70's feel going back to Farrah. The truck helps a bit too. Sadly, no beer even though it was a hot day. We were shooting in the middle of an abandoned Navy base.

      Delete
    2. I should also mention that you will see lots more of Tiana. She was a gem to work with.

      Delete
  3. Well I'm sure that when it was active more than one sailor peeled the label and wrapped his hand around a cool naked one. lol

    I look forward to more Tiana - she would look beautiful in whatever era you place her in.

    D.L. Wood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did look beautiful. Any defects are the photographers.

      Delete

So,what are you thinking about?