|Terrell - 010212|
Last week I was in Las Vegas and got to meet long-time blog friend, Terrell. He is a successful photographer based in Las Vegas. On top of all the commercial and portrait work he photographs, Terrell is also an amazing fine art photographer. You can see his work at his blog, Photo Anthems.
We met for lunch one day over Mediterranean food and talked about art, photography, photographing nudes, erotic work, and the challenges of everything. I learned a great bit about his style, vision, and Las Vegas. After lunch, Terrell headed off to a photo shoot.
A few days later I met up with Terrell again in a local camera store where I snapped the photo above. We talked about gear, salivated over new equipment, and chatted a bit more about art. At the end of it, I was glad to have met another blog world friend in the real world. I hope to see him again soon on my next visit to Las Vegas.
Below is a reprint of my interview with Terrell from 2010.
I often find great blogs by looking at the one's recommended by other blog friends. One such found treasure is Photo Anthems Blog created by Terrell Neasley. I greatly appreciate his blog for its blend of art, photography, great writing and humor.
Terrell is the closest (geographically)blogger to me. He lives in Las Vegas, NV. That may sound like a trivial fact, but I feel a western US bond to his work, stories, and history. As I read others' writings about the art scene, weather, and stories of the northern mid-west, east, and south, I learn about their special corner of the country. When I read Terrell's camping stories, see his photos of women and the the scenery, I get a feeling of familiarity and home since I've shared similar experiences.
Terrell's life is an interesting story and shows in his life beliefs and art. I highly recommend you go to his blog and website (photoanthems.com) to learn more about him. It is well worth it. His photography is beautiful and a highlight of my online perusing. I hope one day to get to meet him on a trip to LV.
Here are the questions. Thanks for the answers. They are greatly appreciated.
- What is your favorite word? Altruism
- What is your least favorite word? Normal
- What turns you on? A naked woman
- What turns you off? Clothes!....kidding...
People who don't take responsibility for themselves and pass the blame.
- What sound or noise do you love? Bacon sizzling in the morning would be the least crass answer
- What sound or noise do you hate? Its a tie between a high-pitched nagging voice and an alarm clock
- What is your favorite curse word? Fuck
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Probably acting, but I used to dream about playing football
- What profession would you not like to do? There are plenty but I'm going with Nursing. I've got much respect for them, but its not my gift.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Come on....Get your butt on in here!
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Traveling the world with boundless resources and a model that I photograph everywhere, all the time
- What is your greatest fear? I honestly can't say I have one. I mean, I certainly don't want to be eaten by an alligator or fall from the empire state building but they are not fears of mine that I think about all the time.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with? Galileo Galilei, just because he's the only person I can think of who was also misunderstood.
- Which living person do you most admire? Other than family....Billy Graham, Chris St. James, and Bill Cosby (How can you stick with just one?)
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Procrastination
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Lack of integrity
- What is your greatest extravagance? I spent $400 on comic books once, but I've since sold my collection and not bought another since 1994, I think.
- On what occasion do you lie? When I have to take into account someone else's feelings and the truth is not worth the heartache or when I need to be polite because I need the business.
- What do you dislike most about your appearance? I'm actually cool with myself. If I had to say any one thing its that I look mean when I am not smiling.
- When and where were you happiest? Christmas at Mama Carrie's as a kid
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I'd be kinder to people and more understanding
- If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? Me. That's all I have control over.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Jeremy and Cassie
- If you died and came back as a person or thing what do you think it would be? As a person: A white female, just so I could experience the opposite of my current self. As far as a thing, I'd want to be a star just for the billions of years galactic experience
- What is your most treasured possession? My faith
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? A disapproval of yourself because of someone else's opinion
- Who are your heroes in real life? My Mother,
- What is it that you most dislike? A coward
- How would you like to die? Old age preferably, but if not, then on my feet in a way that makes it count
- What is your motto? Stay alert, Stay alive! Hooooah!